Virgin Active Open Day on 10 May 2023:
- Virgin Active is hosting an open day allowing non-member to enjoy a complimentary guest visit to Virgin Active as well as for existing Virgin Active members to bring a guest to train with them.
- Access is subject to the guest providing positive identification with a photograph and subject to the guest signing the guest access register, including having their photograph taken.
- Rights of admission are reserved.
- Virgin Active Clubs in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana are included in this Open Day except for Virgin Active Collection Clubs.
- By accessing Virgin Active during this period, the guest agrees to being contacted by a Virgin Active sales consultant.
- All guests need to abide by the Club Rules.
- Club-V access will also be complimentary for children whose parents are using the Club on this day. Guest signing procedures are in place for Club-V and these involve completing a screening form, indemnity form and having your child’s ID number available if you wish to use these facilities.
Virgin Active Corporate Grid Fit Challenge:
- Virgin Active members and non-members are encouraged to take part in the Corporate Grid Fit Challenge which will take place on the 10th of May 2023 between 11:00 and 15:00 in 17 Clubs.
- The Grid Fit Test comprises of 8 exercises and the winner will complete the highest number of reps overall.
- The 17 Clubs are as follows: Cape Town Foreshore; Century City; Claremont; Tyger valley; Maerua Mall
- Roodepoort; East gate; Bryanston; Rosebank; Dainfern; Centurion; Menlyn; Waterfall; La Lucia; Gateway; Kings park; Lorraine
- Corporate teams comprising of 4 participants can be entered into in 3 categories, i.e. Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams.
- The Team to score the highest number of reps in total for each category (i.e. Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams) will be the winner.
- Similarly, there will be an individual challenge and the individual Male and Female winners will also win a prize which is a Virgin Active gym bag including promotional items.
- Entry to the Corporate Grid Fit Challenge is via the link on www.virginactive.co.za only.
- Entry to the Corporate Grid Fit Challenge is free and entries close on 8 May for Team entries and 9 May for individual entries, 2023.
- The first 6 Corporate teams to register for the Corporate Grid Fit Test at each of the 17 Clubs receive a Goody Bag of Virgin Active promotional items.
- Judges decision on the day will be final.
- In each of the 17 Clubs, the top Men’s, Women’s and Mixed team will each win a Virgin Active hamper including a gym bag and promotional items.
- The Winning Teams will be announced by COB on Thursday 11 May 2023 and the winning team leader will need to come in to collect their teams prizes.
- Individual Male / Female winners will also each win a Virgin Active hamper including a gym bag and promotional items.
Grand Winners for the Corporate team challenge:
- The top Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams in terms of highest score for the Grid Fit Changes will win a grand prize which is a 6 month Virgin Active Premier membership. If the participant is a Virgin Active member, they will be credited with this membership status and if they are not a Virgin Active member, they will be issued with a Virgin Active bearer voucher.
General Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The prize winners will be chosen by Virgin Active at their discretion and winners will be contacted by the Club General Manager. Winning participants details will be communicated with the Club General Manager of the club where they took part in the Grid Fit Test and who in turn will make arrangements with the winner to collect their prize from this Club.
- Winner’s names may be published via social media or other channels.
- Virgin Actives decision around winners is final.
- This Corporate Grid Fit Challenge is only applicable to participants at the 17 partaking Clubs.
- These prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or some other rebate.
- Only Adult members (over the age of 18 years) are eligible to participate in the Corporate Grid Fit
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted by close of business on Thursday 11 May 2023 by relevant Club Manager. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winners. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner, we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors under the age of 18 years.
- If the winner is a Virgin Active member, their membership account must not be in arrears.
- Members who have won a prize from Virgin Active in the last 6 months do not qualify to win a prize again until this time period has passed.
- The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the Organiser’s reasonable control.
- Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of Virgin Active South Africa and any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter, win or claim the prizes.
- Short term, complimentary, tenant and staff memberships are excluded.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Entrants indemnify the organisers and their respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the Entrants agree to compensate the organisers or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The Entrants also agree to hold the organisers or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the organisers detect and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- All Entrants’ indemnify the organisers and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition, unless the circumstances leading to such claim were within the organisers or its advertising agent’s reasonable control.
- All Entrants further indemnify the organisers from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever, unless the cancellation of the Competition has regard to any circumstances within the organisers, its participating partners or its promotional agents’ reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers or any of its promotional agents.
- The winners agree to have his/her/their photograph taken, which may be used together with their full names for advertising and promotional purposes in any manner that the organisers deem fit and without any form of remuneration made payable to the winners. Any objection to such use, has to be addressed by the winners in writing to the organisers.
- The organisers shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers, its participatory partners or its promotional agents.
- At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the Competition, as well as with regard to the prizes, shall cease.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.