Terms and Conditions: Member Entry
Click on the ENTER NOW button on the Landing page and stand a chance to win an entry for you and your running buddy.
- Virgin Active members who enter via the link on the landing page stand in line to win an entry into one of the running events taking place on 14 and 15 October 2023
- 25 entries are available to Virgin Active members plus an entry for their running buddy for the 2 marathon road race on 15 October.
- 25 entries are available to Virgin Active members and their running running budy for the 10km road race on 14 October 2022.
- 25 entries are available to Virgin Active members and their running buddy for the 5km Peace Run on 14 October 2022.
- 15 entries are available in total to Virgin Active members for the trail run events (members must choose between either 46km, 22km or 11km events). Trail Runs are held on 14 and 15 October 2022.
- Only Adult members (over the age of 18 years) are allowed to enter via this competition.
- Entries open on 22 May at 12:00 and close on 13 June at 17:00
- This prize is only for an entry into the event of choice, no travel costs or any other associated costs are included in this prize.
- Members will need to provide their own running kit etc required to run these events.
- Winning members will be contacted by Monday, 19 June 2023
General Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Prize winners will be chosen by Virgin Active at their discretion and winners will be confirmed via email and winners will have their race entry link emailed to them.
- These tickets may not be, transferred, (no substitutions), on-sold or exchanged for cash.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be emailed by 17:00 on Monday, 19 June 2023
- If the email address is not valid, three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winners. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner, we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- Winners will be emailed directly.
- No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors under the age of 18 years.
- Only current, valid Virgin Active members may enter this competition.
- This competition is available to members in Namibia and Botswana who are willing to travel to this event at their own cost.
- Winning members Virgin Active membership account must not be in arrears, cancelled or frozen.
- Members who have won a prize from Virgin Active in the last 6 months do not qualify to win a prize again until this time period has passed.
- The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the Organiser’s reasonable control.
- To enter the Competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in, or be prepared to travel to, Cape Town, South Africa. Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of Virgin Active South Africa and any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter, win or claim the prizes.
- Short term, complimentary, tenant and guest memberships are excluded.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Entrants indemnify the organisers and their respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the Entrants agree to compensate the organisers or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The Entrants also agree to hold the organisers or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the organisers detect and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- All Entrants’ indemnify the organisers and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition, unless the circumstances leading to such claim were within the organisers or its advertising agent’s reasonable control.
- All Entrants further indemnify the organisers from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever, unless the cancellation of the Competition has regard to any circumstances within the organisers, its participating partners or its promotional agents’ reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers or any of its promotional agents.
- The winners agree to have his/her photo taken, which may be used together with their full names for advertising and promotional purposes in any manner that the organisers deem fit and without any form of remuneration made payable to the winners. Any objection to such use, has to be addressed by the winners in writing to the organisers.
- The organisers shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers, its participatory partners or its promotional agents.
- At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the
Competition, as well as with regard to the prizes, shall cease.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.