Terms and Conditions: Quest participant wins R1 million
- Adult members (over the age of 18 years) who reach at least 60 points per week for at least 6 weeks i.e. between the dates of 8 March 2021 and 30 September 2021 (both dates included), will be entered into the lucky draw for the Quest grand prize which is R1 million.
- For each 6 weeks completed (does not have to be consecutive), the member will earn one entry into the lucky draw for the R1 million Grand prize. The maximum number of entries a member can enjoy is 5 (covering the full 30-week duration of Quest).
General Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Members will automatically be entered into a grand prize lucky draw for the R1 million based on the number of times they have achieved 6 weeks of Quest challenges between 8 March 2021 and 30 September 2021 (both dates included).
- To enter the Competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen) or Namibia or Botswana. Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of Virgin Active South Africa and any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter, win or claim the prize(s).
- The most entries a member will have into this draw is 5.
- The R1 million winner will be chosen by Virgin Active at their discretion and the winner will be contacted by a Senior Executive at Virgin Active South Africa.
- The winner will be drawn by random selection.
- The winner may have already won a prize in the Quest.
- The draw will be done in the week of 11 October 2021 and the winner will be contacted on or before the 31stof October 2021.
- Virgin Active members participating in Quest in Botswana and Namibia are also included the lucky draw for the R1 million. The amount will be paid according to the prevailing exchange rate of Rands to Botswanan Pula or Namibian Dollars at the date of awarding the prize.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner telephonically. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days of the initial email / phone call, we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- Once the winner has been determined, there will, amongst others, be an announcement placed in this regard on Virgin Active’s social media platforms. In consideration of the nature of the prize, as well as data protection legislation, the names of the winner, together with any photographs of the winner, will only be announced and/or used once the winner has consented to such disclosure through signature of a Media Release Consent Form. The winner has the right to decline to provide permission to have their names and any images of them used as part of marketing material. Should the winner however agree to it, Virgin Active may publish their names and images on Virgin Active’s social media platforms, amongst others, without any liability to Virgin Active or remuneration due to the winner.
- No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors.
- The winning member’s Virgin Active membership account must not be in arrears, cancelled or frozen.
- The winner is solely liable for his or her own tax filings, reporting and/or payments in connection with the R1 million lucky draw winnings. Whilst Virgin Active has received tax advice that winnings such as the prize involved in this instance would ordinarily be exempt from taxation due to it being fortuitous in nature and, accordingly, “capital receipts” from an Income Tax legislative point of view, it must be noted that this reference/information does not constitute legal, tax or accounting advice and that the winner should consult their own professional advisor/s in this regard.
- The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the Organiser’s reasonable control.
- Short term, complimentary, tenant memberships are excluded.
- This prize is non-transferrable and will only be paid into a bank account where the member is the main account holder.
- Entrants indemnify the organisers and their respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the Entrants agree to compensate the organisers or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The Entrants also agree to hold the organisers or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the organisers detect and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- All participants’ indemnify the organisers and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition, unless the circumstances leading to such claim were within the organisers or its advertising agent’s reasonable control.
- All participants further indemnify the organisers from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever, unless the cancellation of the Competition has regard to any circumstances within the organisers, its participating partners or its promotional agents’ reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers or any of its promotional agents.
- The organisers shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the organisers, its participatory partners or its promotional agents.
- At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the
Competition, as well as with regard to the prizes, shall cease.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.