Member Complaints Policy Summary
Virgin Active is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and maintaining a healthy customer relationship at all levels of the business. Where members are unhappy, we encourage communication to our team so that we can address these timeously and effectively.
The following outlines VASA’s internal policy and procedures for handling both verbal and written complaints.
We would like to address or resolve your concerns as soon as possible. There are numerous touchpoints where you can let us know your thoughts and our team will respond accordingly.
These touch points include but are not limited to:
- In club
- Meet and discuss your concerns with your Club Manager directly.
- Hey manager in-club digital QR code
- Our website – Contact us link Contact Us | Virgin Active South Africa | Gyms Near Me
- Our Call Centre 0860 200 911
- Our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter – Virgin Active SA accounts)
- Face to Face meetings with our escalations team at our Mothership:
- 3rd Floor MontClare Place, Cnr of Main and Campground Road, Claremont, Cape Town.
- In club
- When using the above channels please provide us with your name, surname and contact details as well as much detail to your query as possible so it can be directed to the correct department and to speed up the feedback to you.
- You will receive an acknowledgement within 48 Hours (This may be an automated response depending on the channel chosen to communicate with us) to confirm we have received your concerns.
- Depending on your chosen touchpoint, turnaround times may vary depending on channel and concern.
- In club (48 Hours)
- Our website – Contact us link (48 hours – this may be delayed should we experience higher than normal volumes however you will be informed via e-mail of any delay)
- Our Call Centre (first time call resolution)
- Any escalations within 24 hours
- Our social media channels 2 Hour
- Turnaround times may vary depending on the level of investigation our team needs to do and any outside partners they are required to chat to.
- All the above channels have internal escalation methods.
- Members who have used these channels and have not received a response within 5 working days may escalate the matter to: email@example.com
- We are affiliated with the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud and you are welcome to escalate concerns directly to them:
- Any and all concerns escalated to our Managing Director or Chief Operating Officer will be investigated by the Head of Customer Experience and on consultation with all senior Executive team members and a final response will be communicated to you within the specified time frame communicated directly by this party.
- From time to time your concern may be directed to the national Specialist who is best able to assist you.